We are a leading aviation database that offers you
- Full coverage of civil and military aircraft worldwide
- Over 1.3 million aircraft records with frequent updates
- Easy input of your aircraft information
- Wide choice of ways to output your information
- Fully integrated with Planeplotter to show aircraft ‘needed’ including automated update of loggings
- Integration with other basestation.sqb based radar systems
- A major re-write and comprehensive overhaul of the interface now offers improved functionality and performance
- Support via active online Google Group Forum and ‘wiki’ manual
- Discussion of future developments at our AGM with airfield/museum visit
- Occasional airfield visits
All for only £25 per year!
Membership & Support
The group is a non-profit, hobby related, group of individuals with no paid members, no non-paying group members and is subject to the rules of a club as governed by an elected group of officers.
Membership of the group is £25 per group year (April to March). The fees are used to procure both the group’s dedicated servers, licence fees, annual AGM venue and other incidental outgoings.
We have an active Google Group to discuss and solve any issues. A ‘wiki’ book records information on how to use the database
We welcome members to play an active role at our Annual General Meetings (AGMs) where we can all discuss future developments .
AGMs are followed by a trip around the venue. Past venues include Baldonnel and Weston in Ireland, Barton, Turweston, Perth, Carlisle, Weston-super-Mare Helicopter Museum, Sherburn in Elmet and Sywell.
Sometimes we get the chance to arrange an airfield visit. These have included RAF Shawbury, RAF Cosford, RNAS Culdrose, RNAS Yeovilton, RNAS Predannack and BAe Warton.
Those wishing to join the group and obtain both the database must have the following software:
- Windows Vista or later (Mac OS not supported)
- Recommended minimum of 1024MB / 1GB of memory
- A minimum of 1GB of available hard drive space
- MS Access 2000 or higher – note that a run-time version of MS Access can be provided by the group if required
- WinZip or suitable package to unzip the update packages
- For Mode-S integration, have a basestation.sqb based system installed, such as PlanePlotter, Kinetics Basestation or Virtual Radar Server (note that this integration requires Windows 8 or higher)
Broadband is required to download the 800MB database.
Updates to the database are emailed to the group.
Some familiarity with PC operations is recommended, but the group as a whole will offer support and guidance to you. Though the group will endeavour to resolve any problems, both database and often PC related, the group will not undertake to guarantee the system will run on a non-standard PC setup. It has worked on over 99.99% of all systems that it has been installed on.
If you would like further details of our database, please send an e-mail to Group Administration